Zalmi School League is designed to instil the values teamwork, harmony, and resilience among the youth. The Zalmi School league is already operational at provincial level in Pakistan (Phase 1). In Phase two, we aim to take this to national level, whereas, in Phase 3, we aim to take this initiate to Commonwealth Countries.
- Introducing the younger generation to healthy, safe and cohesive activities in the region.
- Promote cricket on the grassroots level in KP.
- An opportunity to the youngsters to showcase their talent.
- To make efforts to provide a platform to the fledging future.
- To revive the standard of school cricket in KP.
- To strengthen the association of KP Government and PZ foundation to bring incredible change in sports.
Design of the project
Intended to be executed in three phases.
At Provincial Level
- Regional level govt schools
- Total of eight teams fought tooth and nail and a commendable zest was demonstrated.
- Matches were played in Haripur.
- Final took place in Peshawar and was won by Peshawar Blues.
- Participating cities: Peshawar, Mardan, Malakand, Kohat, Hazara, DI Khan and Bannu
- Five thousand attendees
- President Peshawar Zalmi, Zaheer Abbas, Muhammad Akram and CM KP, Pervez Khattak made their appearances in the closing ceremony.
At National Level
- On divisional level – covering every school
- The winning team from the first phase will join the seven teams from seven different divisions of KP.
- Already done with the trials of Mardan, Peshawar, DI Khan, Bannu
- Malakand and Hazara’s trials are still due and will take place on 21-22nd May and 23-24th May 2022, respectively.
At Commonwealth Countries level
- Partner with Commonwealth Schools
- Develop SoPs for Cricket Tournament
- Provide cricket kits and equipment, where necessary
- Launch the program in 2023